9.10.12

What if...

What if I had preferred to read my Dickens stories somewhere in the park rather than in a cafe? After all, I do prefer being outdoors and that Thursday afternoon was a mild autumn one. What if I had not cared for the noises and had stayed in that first cafe instead of moving to a quieter one after I had already sat down? What if the bar you were looking for had been open? What if I had never gone out to smoke that cigarette? at that precise moment. What if we had never looked at each other when you passed by; although I don´t think that this could have been possible. And what if after all this, we had never decided to talk to each other.

Do we regret the random happening of events? I would suspect not, regardless of where we are standing now.

What if I had stayed five more minutes at work, or you had taken a different street? What if the city hotels had not been fully booked that night? Would I still have found you wandering around that part of the city where I did? And what if we had never decided to meet again on that dead Monday night after that hazy weekend in between? Although I don´t think that this could have been possible.

What if we had never met, would things be better? I would suspect not, regardless of where we are standing now.

What if just one of these random events had not occurred? But then again, wasn´t it already random enough that we are both here?

 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario